Representative Litigation Matters
(Click here for Corporate & IP Transactions)
We have extensive experience representing clients in federal and state courts in all stages of litigation, including pre-filing and early case assessment, fact and expert discovery, claim construction, motion practice, trials, and appeals. A list of select representative matters follows: (bold typeface identifies our clients; full list of matters is available upon request).
- Baley v. Allergan (SDNY) — successfully asserted claims for copyright infringement of photographs.
- WS Chapter of the Kings Guard v. Davenport (WDNY) — dismissed a trademark infringement complaint for lack of jurisdiction following jurisdictional discovery.
- Dog&Bone v. Noke LLC et.al. (SDNY) — successfully represented patent owner in asserting patent infringement claims in the field of Bluetooth® electronic devices.
- EJ Brooks v. Cambridge Security Seals (SDNY) — successfully defended against claims for Trade Secret misappropriation; asserted Antitrust claims under the Lanham Act. (co-counsel)
- Via Vadis v. Skype (D. Del.)* — won a dismissal with prejudice for Skype in an action accusing Skype’s VoIP software of infringing patents related to systems for distributed data access and management on a network.
- StormHarbour Securities v. IIG-TOF (NY Sup. Ct., Commercial Div.) — won a summary judgment awarding the full amount of requested damages for breach of contract and unpaid investment banking fees. (co-counsel).
- TransPerfect v. MotionPoint Corporation (N.D. Ca.)* — successfully represented TransPerfect through a jury trial in a cross-infringement action involving eight patents directed to web based E-commerce systems for translation of web pages. (with prior firm).
- Aeritas v. Delta Airlines; LVL v. Delta Airlines (D. Del.)* — represented Delta in several patent infringement lawsuits related to mobile device technologies.
- Rembrandt v. Adelphia Comm’s et al. (S.D.N.Y., D. Del.)* — defended Adelphia in a multi-district complex patent infringement litigation related to software and communication technologies for high-speed cable modems.
- WebXchange v. Allstate, et al. (D.Del.)* — successfully represented an internet startup, in asserting its patents in the field of E-commerce and internet communications software.
- Bridge Associates v. Bridge Finance Group (D. Conn.)* — represented client in asserting claims for trademark infringement.
- Wardlaw, et al. v. Becton, Dickinson and Company, (D. Con.)* — reached a very favorable settlement for BD, which was accused of breaching a patent license, and of infringing the underlying patents related to immunoassay diagnostic tests.
- Shaklee v. Masimo (C.D. Cal.)* — represented Shaklee in a patent infringement litigation concerning medical devices for pulse oximetry and spectroscopy, and associated embedded software.
- Nokia Corporation v. Kyocera Wireless Corp. (E.D. Tex.)* — patents related to cellular phones and wireless data transmission based on the CDMA2000 specification
* – Indicates work with prior firm