Representative Corporate Experience
(click here for Litigations & Disputes)
We have extensive experience counseling clients on protecting, assessing, and monetizing their intellectual assets, including hard and soft IP, as well as proprietary information, in various contexts, such as investments, M&A transactions, technology transfers, franchising, service arrangements. We draft and negotiate numerous agreements and licenses to protect our clients’ interests; preform IP due diligence; assess and manage IP portfolios; and obtain patent, trademark and copyright protections. A list of select representative matters follows: (bold typeface identifies our clients; full list of matters is available upon request).
- Counseling an investment firm in assessing various agreements with potential portfolio companies, including NDA/Confidentiality, non-compete, and non-solicitation.
- Drafting and negotiating various agreements for a successful video streaming company, including NDA/Confidentiality; Professional Services and Consulting; SaaS; Data Privacy and GDPR; IP licenses, and other agreements and policies aimed at protecting the company in its ongoing business operations, as well as in the context of joint ventures, and investment arrangements;
- Counseling high technology startups in the fin-tech industry with respect to protecting their intellectual property.
- Counseling several cosmetics firms in protecting their intellectual assets; drafting and negotiation various agreements; obtaining trademark protections for their products and services.
- Counseled Toys ‘R’ Us Ireland Limited with respect to the IP License associated with creating the first Irish national franchise of Toys ‘R’ Us;
- Various Investment Institutions (various matters) — assessed the patent portfolios of potential investment targets and performed due diligence. Patents related to semiconductor technology, electronic devices for the automotive industry, and others;
- Major U.S. Bank (with prior firm) — Assessed the patent portfolio related to online banking and money management of a potential acquisition target;
- Counseled a Major International Financial Institution accused of infringing the copyrights of an electronic daily newsletter; (with prior firm)
- Counseled Trimble Navigation in various patent matters related to Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), GPS, and land surveying technologies; (with prior firm)
- Reviewed and analyzed substantially all of the licensing and confidentiality agreements of a Major International Electronics Manufacturer interested in acquiring a competitor; (with prior firm).
- Counseled, and assisted in handling the trademark portfolio for, a beverage company, owner of one of the world’s most valuable and recognizable brands; (with prior firm).